WELL THE DAY HAS ARRIVED and there is no turning back! Summer break is officially over. My first class starts at 10:45 this morning and I am scheduled to finish my second class and leave campus at 4:15 p.m.
I am sure I will get right back in the school groove even if right now that seems like an unlikely statement.
My goals for the day?
1. Treadmill 35 minutes
2. Pack my book bag and a light lunch.
3. Head out the door at 10:20 a.m.
4. Maintain positive attitude.
5. Remind myself that I don't have to figure it all out on the first day.
6. Come home and make dinner with my husband (who is going to be on a local news program this morning at 10 a.m.!)
7. Watch the taped version of husband's interview.
9. Get things together for tomorrow's classes.
10. Get to bed by 10 p.m.
~Ms. T. J.
Welcome to The New Social Worker's Blog
The New Social Worker is the quarterly magazine for social work students and recent graduates, focusing on social work careers for those new to the profession. This blog is a companion to the free online magazine at http://www.socialworker.com.
- ► 2011 (57)
- ► 2010 (63)
- Help for the helper
- Multi-Tasking or Multi-Slacking?
- One class, a clean house and lots o' reading!
- Today was ...
- When people leave
- But for the grace of God...
- Motivational Interviewing
- Reading goals
- Pulling a late-nighter!
- Strengths Perspective
- Do the deal
- Field (Feeled) Experience: Day I
- Four classes: four assignments
- Saturday night reflections
- First day of classes
- Gift from the sea
- Packing for the beach
- On books, parking tickets and other on-campus adve...
- T. J. and Julia
- Tech-Savvy Social Work
- ▼ August (22)