Hello, everyone! Spring is here (although it was SNOWING last night in Harrisburg, PA), and with it comes the new issue of THE NEW SOCIAL WORKER magazine. The Spring 2009 issue is available, free of charge, in PDF format directly from The New Social Worker Web site.
To download the Spring 2009 issue, go to:
Articles from this issue are also available on our Web site (http://www.socialworker.com) in Web format.
Here are some highlights from this issue:
• Student Role Model: Ashley Bunnell
• The Day Self-Determination Died: The Challenges of Implementing Self-Determination in Day-to-Day Life
• Students Face Client Suicide: A Painful Reality
• A Different Kind of Teacher
• An MSW Student’s Life
• Different Strokes: Art and Photo Therapy Promote Healing
• The Need to Inject the Social in Addressing Mechanistic Clinical Misconceptions Found in Long-Term Care Environments
• Coming Home as a Social Worker: A Recent Graduate's Experience in Professionally Helping Within Her Community
• Building Your Private Practice
• SW 2.0: CaringBridge
• An Accidental Job Search
• Social Work Students Learn About Harm Reduction in Switzerland
In this issue, I am especially excited to introduce our new technology columnist, Karen Zgoda. She starts off the new SW 2.0 column with a review of CaringBridge.org, a site that provides free online communities for people who are critically ill, in treatment, or in recovery.
If you are a follower of this blog, you have probably already been introduced to both Karen and our MSW student columnist, T. J.
WE’RE ON FACEBOOK
THE NEW SOCIAL WORKER’s page on facebook now has 2,800+ fans! You can be one of our fans, too! Go to http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-New-Social-Worker-Magazine/6689018002 and log in to your account (or create one), and you will be able to register as a fan of our page. You will then be able to receive special notices and take part in discussions on the page.
WE'RE ON TWITTER
You can now follow us on Twitter at:
SOCIAL WORK JOBS
If you are looking for a professional social work job, or looking to hire a social worker, be sure to visit our online job site, SocialWorkJobBank.com (http://www.socialworkjobbank.com) today.
VISIT OUR ADVERTISERS
Visit our advertisers for this issue of THE NEW SOCIAL WORKER. They are:
• Temple University Harrisburg—http://www.temple.edu/harrisburg
• University of St. Francis—http://www.stfrancis.edu
• University of Tennessee College of Social Work—http://www.csw.utk.edu
• Licensure Exams Inc.—http://socialworkexam.com
• Beverly Hills office space—e-mail email@example.com
Please let your colleagues, classmates, and/or students know about THE NEW SOCIAL WORKER, and the fact that it is a FREE social work resource. Feel free to pass along the download links above, and let them know that they can subscribe free to receive notifications of future issues.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Welcome to The New Social Worker's Blog
The New Social Worker is the quarterly magazine for social work students and recent graduates, focusing on social work careers for those new to the profession. This blog is a companion to the free online magazine at http://www.socialworker.com.
- ► 2011 (57)
- ► 2010 (63)
- ▼ April (9)