Welcome to The New Social Worker's Blog
The New Social Worker is the quarterly magazine for social work students and recent graduates, focusing on social work careers for those new to the profession. This blog is a companion to the free online magazine at http://www.socialworker.com.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Booked my flight/signed up to volunteer
ONE OF THE MANY BENEFITS OF BEING A TITLE IV-E GRANT RECIPIENT is travel and conference reimbursement. Due to my former full-time job, I have passed up educational trips to Costa Rica, Tobago and Trinidad, as well as a couple of in-state workshops.
No more, I say!
I am taking advantage of this benefit and heading to San Antonio, Texas, in November to attend the CSWE conference. I signed up as a student volunteer which waives the registration fee of $110. If you are a BSW or MSW student and it is feasible for you to attend, check out the Website. You can sign up to volunteer through October 30.
My gratitude cup runneth over!
~Ms. T. J.
- ► 2011 (57)
- ► 2010 (63)
- Ever feel like giving up?
- What He Said
- On growing up
- Baby on the beach
- 7 weeks to go, but who's counting?
- Booked my flight/signed up to volunteer
- National Library of Medicine
- Who Is Attending CSWE Next Month?
- Midnight oil; it's a'burning
- Comfortable with change
- Pallet on the floor
- Back to the blog
- There's no place like home
- Starting to unwind
- A funny thing happened at the nail salon
- Remembering Anne Marie
- Fall break is almost here
- Virtual Neighborhood Watch: How Social Media is Ma...
- ▼ October (18)