I AM SO CLOSE TO FINISHING ALL OF MY ASSIGNMENTS. And this week is testing me a little. Well, maybe more than a little. I have two papers--BIG ones ... and I am in a migraine cycle. Yup. It really sucks. Plus, my husband flew to New Orleans this morning--at 5:30 a.m. Yup; I was his 3:30 a.m. driver.
So, I think I will count my blessings to try to gain perspective:
- The house is quiet--just me and the dog. Not that my husband makes a lot of racket, but I am looking for a silver lining here.
- I was given a reprieve on a BIG exam for my new job. I asked if I could take it later, after graduation, yet before I start the job--and they said yes. (If you don't ask, the answer will always be "No.")
- I get the bed to myself which will be helpful with the headache. I could always sleep in the guest room if my husband was home, and again, looking for the gratitude...
- I have field practicum, and it's NOT a job, yet, so if I go home early, or call in sick for that matter, I am not letting any clients down.
- I am making progress on my papers. Migraines don't help with concentration or focus, but it could be worse; I could be in the fetal position.
- My prof would probably give me a break if I need one; I have never asked for one, so if worse came to worse, he might be understanding.
- I am able to see, hear, walk, talk, taste and smell ... and for these gifts, I am eternally thankful.
~Ms. T. J.